In the midst of all the mopping, vacuuming, and dusting, you could be forgetting an essential aspect of cleaning your home: which is purifying your home air. Skipping this step and neglecting the quality of your indoor air could make your house off-putting and unpleasant to stay in.
Also, the risk of contracting an infection is much higher if you leave your home air unchecked which makes deodorizing and disinfecting your home all the more important. And the task is not overwhelming at all, especially when you have the leading Arvada maid service by your side.
Just follow these simple tips to make your indoor air pure and your home fresh.
How do I deodorize a room?
Deodorizing rooms is something you should always incorporate into your comprehensive cleaning routine. Stale and contaminated air is one of the developments you can expect in a neglected, dirty home. In order to get rid of it, try the following maneuvers:
Use lemons and essential oils
An easy solution to stale air is to slice a few lemons in half and arrange them across the room. Alternatively, you can go for essential oils. Specifically, rub some vanilla essential oil on the outside of your light bulbs when the light is off. Once you turn the lights on, it will heat up and release a pleasant scent.
When it comes to refreshing the air in your home, there are simple and natural methods you can try. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Freshen the air with lemons: Lemons have a delightful citrus scent that can help eliminate stale odors and add a fresh aroma to a room. Slice a few lemons in half and arrange them strategically across the room. The natural oils in the lemon peels will release a pleasant fragrance as they interact with the air. You can place them on a tray, in a decorative bowl, or even secure them to the ends of wooden skewers to create a fragrant centerpiece.
- Harness the power of essential oils: Essential oils offer a wide range of scents and benefits. To create a pleasing aroma in your space, consider using vanilla essential oil. When the lights in your room are off, apply a small amount of vanilla essential oil to the outside of the light bulbs. As the bulbs heat up when you turn on the lights, the oil will be gently warmed, releasing a subtle and pleasant fragrance into the air. Remember to use caution when applying the essential oil and avoid touching the bulb directly to prevent any accidents.
These natural methods provide a cost-effective and convenient way to freshen the air in your home without relying on artificial air fresheners. Whether you choose lemons or essential oils, they can create an inviting and pleasant atmosphere while eliminating stale odors. Enjoy the rejuvenating scents and embrace the natural freshness in your living spaces.
Sprinkle carpets with baking soda
To eliminate carpet odors, just sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the surface and let it sit for a few hours. After you notice that the odor is gone, simply vacuum the baking soda.
If you’re dealing with unwanted odors on your carpets, a simple and effective solution is to use baking soda. Here’s how you can eliminate carpet odors using this common household ingredient:
- Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet: Begin by generously sprinkling baking soda over the entire surface of the carpet. Ensure you cover the areas where the odors are most prominent. The baking soda works by absorbing and neutralizing odors trapped within the carpet fibers.
- Let it sit for a few hours: Allow the baking soda to sit undisturbed on the carpet for a few hours, or even overnight if possible. During this time, the baking soda will work to absorb and eliminate the unpleasant odors.
- Vacuum the baking soda: After the designated time has passed, use your vacuum cleaner to thoroughly vacuum the carpet. Make sure to go over the entire surface, paying attention to areas where you applied the baking soda. The vacuuming process will remove the baking soda along with the trapped odors, leaving your carpet fresh and odor-free.
It’s important to note that baking soda is generally safe to use on most carpets, but it’s always a good idea to test a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure compatibility with your specific carpet type. Additionally, for stubborn or persistent odors, you may need to repeat the process or consider using specialized carpet deodorizers.
By using baking soda to eliminate carpet odors, you can freshen up your living space and restore a pleasant atmosphere. Regular vacuuming and periodic odor removal treatments help maintain a clean and inviting environment, making your home a more comfortable place to be.
Put orange rinds down the garbage disposal
A quick solution to the smell coming from the garbage disposal is turning on the water and dropping orange rinds down the drain. Run the garbage disposal to mince the rinds and leave a fresh scent behind. Instead of oranges, you can also try lemons, limes, grapefruit, and other citrus fruit.
If you’re dealing with unpleasant odors coming from your garbage disposal, there’s a simple and natural solution to freshen it up. Here’s what you can do:
- Turn on the water: Start by running the water in your sink and let it flow at a moderate rate. This helps create a steady flow to assist in flushing out any debris or odors.
- Drop citrus rinds down the drain: Take citrus fruit such as oranges, lemons, limes, or grapefruit, and cut them into small rinds or wedges. Drop these citrus rinds down the drain, allowing them to go through the garbage disposal.
- Run the garbage disposal: Turn on the garbage disposal and let it mince the citrus rinds. The blades of the disposal will break down the rinds, releasing their natural oils and fresh scents. As the rinds are minced, they will help eliminate the unpleasant odors and leave a refreshing aroma in the kitchen.
- Continue running water: While the garbage disposal is running, keep the water flowing for a few seconds to ensure the rinds and any remaining debris are thoroughly flushed out.
This simple trick provides a quick and natural way to combat odor in your garbage disposal. The natural oils in citrus fruits not only help neutralize unpleasant smells but also leave behind a pleasant fragrance in your kitchen.
Remember to exercise caution when operating the garbage disposal and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for usage and safety. Regularly using citrus rinds in this manner can help maintain a fresh-smelling garbage disposal and contribute to a more pleasant cooking and cleaning experience in your kitchen.
Slice a fresh onion
It may come as a surprise, but a fresh onion can help you eliminate odors. Just cut it in half and leave it in the room overnight. Apart from successfully dealing with the odor, its natural scent will also subside, leaving your room with fresh air.
In addition to its culinary uses, a fresh onion can serve as a natural odor eliminator. It may come as a surprise, but this humble vegetable has properties that can help combat unpleasant smells in your home. The process is simple: just cut an onion in half and place it in the room where the odor persists. Leave it overnight, and you’ll find that the onion absorbs and neutralizes the unwanted smells.
Onions contain sulfur compounds, which have powerful deodorizing properties. These compounds can bind to and neutralize odorous molecules, effectively eliminating them from the air. As the onion works its magic, you’ll notice a gradual reduction in the unpleasant odor, and in time, it will dissipate completely.
The benefit of using a fresh onion for odor removal is that it not only eliminates unwanted smells but also imparts its own natural scent. As the onion absorbs odors, its own distinct aroma will subside, leaving behind a refreshed and pleasant atmosphere in your room.
So, the next time you encounter lingering odors in your home, consider harnessing the power of fresh onion. It’s a natural and affordable solution that can help you achieve a fresh-smelling environment without relying on artificial air fresheners or chemical sprays.
How do I disinfect the air in my house?
When you start disinfecting your home from COVID-19 and other pathogens, don’t forget to deal with airborne particles as well. This is because coronavirus can last for up to three hours in the air, which gives it enough time to bind to a new host.
To disinfect the air in your house, your best bet is to get an air purifier. Just make sure to find one that features a disinfectant mode. This way, you will not only kill viruses but also remove other forms of pollution from your home.
How can I make my house smell good all the time?
After you’ve deodorized your house, you should take action to prevent unpleasant smells going forward. You can do this by applying these methods:
- Open your windows: Just five minutes a day of ventilating your house is enough to maintain the freshness of indoor air.
- Scatter candles throughout your home: Place scented candles in your linen closet or any other place where their scent can get absorbed by the fabric. This will give your home a sweet aroma.
- Refresh your air vents: Put a car deodorizer near your vent’s metal slats, as this will enable the fresh smell to circulate all over your house.
- Simmer herbs and fruit on the stove: The most common recipe includes citrus slices and herbs like lavender or mint placed in simmering water. But feel free to experiment and decide exactly which substance you want to permeate your home.
Rely on the top Arvada maid service to deliver quality cleaning
How many times have you wanted nothing more than to take a dip in Water World but housework got in the way? Now that you can book Blue Spruce Maids in record time, that will be a thing of the past. Hire our experienced cleaning experts to handle the cleaning and bring a breath of fresh air into every nook and cranny of your home. Blue Spruce Maids guarantee absolute satisfaction with every service. Schedule your cleaning now!