We are all struggling to keep our homes as clean as possible, especially when we know that unannounced guests can surprise us at any moment. However, this is not always easy, and it requires great discipline, a lot of time and energy.
Under all this pressure, you may be tempted just to give up and let the mess run its course. Unfortunately, this is never a good solution. Instead, you should think about hiring reliable cleaning services and let the licensed and skilled cleaning technicians from Thornton and the area help you out.
If you’re now wondering how to know whether your home is well-maintained, or if you need to put some extra effort into cleaning it, here is what you need to know:
Is it normal to have a messy house?
While you should always strive to keep your home as clean as possible, a certain amount of mess will always be there. You just need to learn how to draw a line between what’s acceptable and what’s not.
For example, if you have children, it’s absolutely unreasonable to expect that all their toys will be perfectly packed in their toy bin. However, this doesn’t mean that you should let them leave their toys scattered all over the bathroom and kitchen. Here are a few other examples when a little bit of mess is perfectly normal:
- Your dishes have piled up. This is definitely not a pretty sight, but it can happen from time to time, and you shouldn’t beat yourself up over it. You may have had to stay a few extra hours at work or your child got a fever. These things happen and they can easily mess up our cleaning schedule.
- You haven’t had time to vacuum your carpets this week. Keeping your carpets clean is crucial in order to maintain good air quality and keep the allergens at bay. However, it has happened to everyone, at least once, that they were too swamped with other obligations that this task has just slipped their mind. Luckily, professional cleaners are always there to step in!
- You forgot the trash day. We’ve all been there. Just make sure not to make this a habit because an overfilled trashcan can really spoil the appeal of your kitchen and create an environment in which germs can multiply easily.
How clean should my house be?
The simplest answer to this question would be: “as clean as possible”. However, since you probably need to juggle between hundreds of daily obligations, sometimes you will need to prioritize your cleaning chores. You should try to determine what parts of your home need to be cleaned more urgently and start with them:
- Your bathroom. A smudgy sink and stained toilet are a big no-no. These are the places where bacteria and viruses will thrive if you don’t keep them properly sanitized.
- Your kitchen. Cleaning your fridge and kitchen countertops should be your #1 priority. This way, you’ll prevent the accelerated growth of germs that can spoil your groceries and even cause food poisoning.
- Your bedroom. Keeping your bedroom clean at all times is essential because you spend a large portion of your day there. Dirty sheets are home to numerous flu and virus germs that can seriously harm your health, so you should always try to change them regularly.
How do you keep your house clean all the time?
If you want to keep your house clean at all times, you need to create a proper cleaning schedule and learn how to complete your chores efficiently and effectively. Here are a few easy steps that can help you achieve this with zero hassle:
- Create separate schedules for your daily, weekly and monthly chores.
- Invest in quality equipment and green cleaning products.
- Have a place for everything in order to avoid clutter.
- Wipe up messes as they happen instead of leaving them for later.
- If you don’t have time for a big clean-up, do at least one chore daily.
- Have your cleaning professional at speed dial.
It’s booking time! Hire the best cleaning services in Thornton and beyond
Looking for dependable house cleaning professionals to keep your home squeaky clean year-round? Blue Spruce is ready to answer your call! Our unmatched cleaning professionals specialize in a number of residential cleaning services. We provide a comprehensive regular service visit and initial service visit checklists, as well as move-in/move-out cleaning services.
With us, you’ll finally be able to relax, and have more energy and time to spend with your family and friends. You can take a trip, go hiking or take your children to the exciting Water World. It’s time to learn how to live your life to the fullest!